Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Day 10

I couldn't wake up this morning. A friend came over and had a great time catching up, but I was exhausted from the long day and from the exercises. I climbed into bed at 1am, but was up again in a few hours when our daughter had a nightmare. I passed out while soothing her. I woke a few hours later to her tapping my shoulder, "Maman起きて。ここ○○○(娘の名前)のベッドよ。Wake up Maman, you're in my bed!" We got dressed and went downstairs to the kitchen where Arnaud had prepared both of our breakfasts before leaving for his 7:30 meeting. That's dedication. (Thanks, Arnaud!)


I am off to see my grandfather this evening- he is ill and it may be one of the last times I can see him while his spirits are relatively high. He is my hero, so it will be a difficult trip. Will be a challenge to keep everything afloat- emotions, family, reverting to old family dynamics with the parents, doing the things I want to do for myself, keeping all of that in balance.
All I know is that the exercise will keep my mind bright, yoga the spirit high, and the food my body light. 
While there will definitely be a lot of things going on this weekend, I know what my priorities are- I'll have to not beat myself up for anything I can't do over the course of the visit.
But I do need to remember to take care of myself.


See you on the other side of the weekend.
Have a great end of the week!

6 comments:

  1. I wish your grandfather the best of health - and I wish you the best of luck managing all the family issues along with your PCP commitments - good luck, you can do it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just focus on being where you are. The time with your grandfather is precious that's for sure.

    'mind bright, spirit high', great words!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about your grandfather... I know it's very difficult juggling stuff when you have a little one needs your help, but you have to go forward...

    ReplyDelete
  4. What's the latest Akiko? Update us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you're OK Akiko, and not suffering from the effects of the earthquake too badly. Looking forward to reading your latest post soon. All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Akiko, hope the program is going well...it can be tough at times, but stick with it and you'll love the results.

    ReplyDelete