Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Day 8 The Hookup: Going back for More

TODAY'S BODY 
materials:
I need to find a bar to do the inverted pull ups and I will also need to find a way to work through the pain during exercises tomorrow!

resistance band exercises: 
I would have loved to see myself doing the da Vincis. The visual just cracked me up! My upper lip was twitching with every pull. I'm starting out with the lowest resistance bands A. because I am so weak, and B. because I don't want to bulk up! (I'm with you, ladies, on not wanting to bulk up!) That said, I've seen some very lean looking girls in the COMPLETE! section, so I'm wondering how it all happens.

yoga+workout combination:
Postworkout / post yoga savasana was amazing. I felt totally energized and my mind went totally blank. No brain chatter.

food:
I didn't think I'd be eating so much carbs! I went to my favorite artisan bakery on Sunday to have the 90% rye that I love. I wanted to have one last hookup before I leave for PCPland. What was funny once we got our food allowances, was that Patrick has me on more carbs than I usually allow myself!!!

DAY 8 LUNCH: 4 hearty slices of artisanal 90% rye, half an avocado, mini tomatoes (actually- is this a fruit?) and a poached chicken filet.

Another funny thing: I totally didn't realize until I was midaction, that I'd drizzled olive oil on my veg, after sprinkling some spices. Habits are scary, I didn't even think about what I was doing!!!


In the spirit of "You are what you eat", I've made a little printout of our diets with our inspiration pics for the kitchen. It's taped to the wall where all the food prep happens.
The routine has become, give thanks, focus on the inspiration, prepare the food, look at the inspiration again, and marvel at all the things we actually DO get to eat!!!
I mean, there's a lot we can eat!!! And the frequency? It reminds me of my pregnant days when I was eating 5-6 meals a day. I guess we are in the process of giving life to something- our new selves.



TODAY'S MIND
Today's mind is blank. I think it's just being passive, just trying to absorb all the new actions that make up the new routine, trying to figure out what the best and most efficient way of doing this is going to be. The morning routine between exercising and cooking took a while, but it's nothing a little organization, and a slightly earlier wake up can't fix. 
Arnaud has huge migraines when he jumps and is understandably not in great spirits in the first hour of the morning. I find myself going into supercalm/superzen mode, in front of him and our testy toddler. Passive brain mode is actually not so bad. 




Bon apetit and rest well tonight... there's another day of PCP coming tomorrow!



No comments:

Post a Comment